BCHC Laboratory Technicians Get New Microscope
Buchanan County Health Center Laboratory Technicians Marcy Zimmerly and Mariah Bell were very excited this morning to get their new microscope up and running. The new microscope replaces a 1970s model that stopped working earlier this summer. Thank you to Weland Labs for providing a replacement model in the interim. “We will use this for everything,” Zimmerly explained, “urinalysis, manual differentials, gram stains. …” The new microscope was an approximately $5,000 investment.
BCHC Laboratory services are open Monday thru Friday from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. for your convenience and on Saturday from 8 a.m. to noon. No appointment is necessary! However, state and federal law requires you to have a signed physician’s order before the lab work is drawn.
Services provided by the BCHC Laboratory include:
- Hematology – Includes blood counts, anemia checks
- Coagulation – Includes protimes (monitoring coumadin or warfarin), other blood clotting factors
- Drug Screen Collection – Collecting drug screens (both DOT & non-DOT) for local businesses
- Serology – Includes influenza testing, mono testing and pregnancy testing
- Chemistry – Includes lipid testing, blood glucose testing, renal and liver function testing
- Blood Bank – Includes full transfusion service that includes most blood products
- Pathology – Provided by Weland Labs in Cedar Rapids
- Wellness – Lab draws for local businesses and their employees
For more information on our Laboratory, Click Here.