There are activities every day to remain active and engaged with others as you choose. Residents enjoy participating in:
- Arts and entertainment with crafts, singing and musical entertainment
- Games bingo, trivia, giant crossword puzzles and resident led card games
- Social opportunities like happy hours, parties and manicures
- Spirit-lifting activities like church and pet visits
- Wellness with exercise groups, table tennis, bag toss and basketball shoot, daily rehab services
- Community outings: Fishing, lunches, shopping, tours, casino and more!
- A schedule of daily activities is posted monthly in the activity area.
Newsletters/Calendars are given to each resident.
About the Lexington Estate
- Activities and Recreation
An activities coordinator plans individual and group activities. A schedule of daily activities is posted monthly in the activity area and resident’s rooms.
Baths are given a minimum of twice a week. Residents may choose from the whirlpool tub or showers. Those needing help will receive such help from the nursing staff.
Beauty services are provided in our in-house beauty shop. Residents pay the beautician directly.
Physical and medical histories are updated on an ongoing basis. A staff dentist does dental checkups yearly or residents may choose to see their own dentist.
- Laboratory and Radiology
Laboratory and radiology services are available if ordered by a physician. Medicare and Supplemental Insurance/Medicaid usually covers this cost.
Laundry facilities are available for personal use by the resident or family. Laundry is included in the room rate charge.
A qualified dietician and staff plan the meals. The meals are served in the dining room so residents may visit. Meal times are: breakfast – 7:15 a.m., lunch – 12:15 p.m., dinner – 5:15 p.m. Special diets are prepared for residents as ordered by their physicians. Snacks are available to residents whose diets so allow. Bedtime snacks are offered to all residents nightly.
- Occupational Therapy
Occupational Therapy is available if ordered by a physician. Medicare and Supplemental Insurance/Medicaid usually cover costs.
- Physical Therapy
Physical therapy is available if ordered by a physician. Medicare and Supplemental Insurance/Medicaid usually cover costs.
- Religious Services
Interdenominational services are held each Thursday. Catholic Services are held several times each month. Clergymen of all faiths are welcome.
- Transportation Available
Transportation to local healthcare appointments is available via the health center bus on Tuesday and Thursday mornings.