Basic Water Rescue Course, February 8th
The Buchanan County Health Center will offer a Basic Water Rescue Course on Saturday, February 8th from 8 a.m. to noon. The Basic Water Rescue Course is required for all individuals who team water aerobics at BCHC.
The purpose of the class is to provide individuals with the knowledge and skills necessary to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies. To prepare individuals for aquatic emergencies by teaching them how to protect themselves while assisting others.
Participants will learn
- Learn to recognize, respond and prevent aquatic emergencies.
- Recognize the common hazards associated with swimming pools and explain how to eliminate or minimize such hazards.
- Recognize the characteristics of someone who needs help in the water.
- Understand and perform self-rescue skills for aquatic emergencies.
- Provide assistance to others using non-swimming rescues.
- Perform proper techniques for possible head, neck or back injuries.
Class size is limited.
To register call 332-0850.