Urgent Care Hours: Saturday: 10:00am - 4:00pm
October 04, 2016 bchc-news

BCHC Welcomes new Physicians to Emergency Department

Buchanan County Health Center is pleased to welcome three new emergency medicine providers from East Central Iowa Acute Care (ECIAC).  Partnering with ECIAC in June of 2014, BCHC’s Emergency Department is currently staffed 75% of the time by ECIAC; a team of board certified emergency physicians and allied health professionals.  The remaining 25% is staffed by Jeff Ashline, PA-C.

Joining BCHC’s panel of rotating emergency providers includes David Baumgartner, MD, Dr. Rachel Mutnick, DO, and Sarah Hemming-Meyer, DO.  Dr. Baumgartner attended the University of Colorado School Of Medicine and completed an Emergency Medicine Residency at the University of Iowa.  Dr. Mutnick attended Ohio University and completed an Emergency Medicine Residency at the University of Iowa.  Dr. Hemming-Meyer attended Des Moines University and completed an Emergency Medicine Residency at Indiana University.

“We are pleased to add three more residency trained physicians into our provider coverage, commented Steve Slessor, CEO.  The caliber of providers we have in our Emergency Department is truly unique in rural medicine.  We and the communities we serve are very fortunate.”

In addition to its services at BCHC, ECIAC provides full-time emergency coverage and care to patients visiting St. Luke’s Hospital in Cedar Rapids.  For more information about BCHC and its services, please visit www.bchealth.org or follow Buchanan County Health Center on Facebook.

Here For You. Trusted For Life.
  • Clinical Specialties Get specialized, one-on-one care from trusted experts that are board certified, experienced and highly trained in 20 clinical specialties.
  • Medical Services We’re here for you … for the life-enhancing to the life-saving … BCHC offers the medical services you need right here close to home.
  • Surgical Services Advanced surgical care from our team of experienced professionals using the latest in technology and treatments – all in our updated state-of-the-art surgical facilities.
  • Patient Portal Buchanan County Health Center is pleased to announce that a new patient portal, MyUnityPoint, is now available.
Skip to content