Recipes for Real Life Cooking Class, January 13
Buchanan County Health Center’s Fourth Annual Recipes for Real Life Cooking Class will get underway on Tuesday, January 13th. The six week class series will be held from 5-6 p.m. at the Oak View Senior Living Complex, located on the hospital’s campus.
The cost for all six classes is $40. Participants will watch as the guest chefs prepare quick, easy and healthy meals that their own families love! Get great health and cooking tips, win door prizes and sample a new recipe each week.
“We have a wonderful experience, each year,” said Ann Peterschmidt, Oak View Manager. “There is much comradery and some great food to sample. This may make a great gift for someone on your Christmas list!”
2015 guest chefs on the schedule include:
- Dr. Erica Smith, physician at Medical Associates demonstrating “Delicious Legumes and Clean Eating.”
- Maxine Kehret, Buchanan County Health Center Dietician, demonstrating “Baked Apples: A Quick, Delicious, (Healthy) Treat.”
- Whitney Packebush and Caitlyn Lines, both dieticians at Fareway Stores, Inc. demonstrating “Chicken for a Week – Cook Once, Enjoy More.”
- Shelbie Penner, DaVita Dialysis dietician demonstrating “Tasty Tex-Mex Options.”
- Sandy Tull, Independence baker, demonstrating “Great (Healthier) Baking Basics.”
- Abby Whiley, Fareway Meat Manager, demonstrating “Grilling, Marinades and Rubs.”
Class size is limited to 30. For more information about the Recipes for Real Life Cooking Class, or to register, call the Therapy & Wellness Center at the Buchanan County Health Center 332-0850.