The Buchanan County Health Center Auxiliary Grants $6,500 to BCHC Departmental Funding Requests
The Buchanan County Health Center (BCHC) Auxiliary recently granted over $6,500 to BCHC departments and their funding requests. Through annual dues of $15, Auxiliary Gift Shop sales, and other fundraisers, the BCHC Auxiliary was able to support the following departmental requests:
- EMDR (Eye movement desensitization and reprocessing therapy) certification, training, and supplies for the BCHC Behavioral Health Department.
- New Xray and MRI positioning sponges for the BCHC Radiology Department.
- New exercise mats, medicine balls, and pool dumbbells for the Wellness Center.
- A skin substitution supply cart for the BCHC Wound Center.
- A rocker/recliner for pediatric patients and caregivers in the BCHC Surgery Department.
- Gift cards and funding for patients in need of gas to travel to out-of-town appointments or medications facilitated by the BCHC Social Services Department.
Founded in 1922, the BCHC Auxiliary serves the community through scholarships awarded to high school graduates and non-traditional students pursuing a health-related career, fundraising projects to benefit the hospital, grants awarded to the hospital, the BCHC Auxiliary Gift Shop, and volunteer support throughout the hospital and community. The BCHC Auxiliary also meets throughout the year in small and large group settings to continue to fulfill its mission promoting the welfare and health of the community.
For more information about the BCHC Auxiliary, or to become a member of the BCHC Auxiliary, please contact Auxiliary Liaison, Michelle McBride, at 319-332-0905.